Personalities of Malba
Many famous and influential people who have left their mark on society have called Malba home over the past decades. These are but a few that my investigation discovered:
- Eugene Bay, Editor of Field & Stream Magazine
- Willow Bay, TV personality
- Arnold Bocksel, earliest prisoner of WW II, survived 3½ years & The Battan Death March
- E. J. Bradbury of F.W. Woolworth Co.
- Elton Britt, country and western singer was the original recording artist of the song There's A Star Spangled Banner Waving Somewhere (Through the efforts of The Elton Britt Fan Club, the Native NY Historical Society has made his residence
6-03 Parsons Blvd. the only official Landmark House in Malba)
- George Brown, director of the Music League of America
- Cavallacci Family, importers of fine marble
- Mr. Oliver J. Champ, North Pole explorer
- Hon. Philip J. Chetta, Supreme Court Justice
- Joseph P. Davidson, Commissioner of Recreation for New York City
- Mrs. Wm. Curtis, Demorest, Chairman of fund raising for the restoration of Theo.Roosevelt's home
- Fred Fear, president of F. Fear Match Co.
- F. M. Fillingam of California, district manager of the Burroughs Adding Machine Co.
- Mr. Frankenheimer, movie director of "Snows of Kilimanjaro"
- Oscar Graeve writer for the Saturday Evening Post
- Hon. William Giaccio, NYS Supreme Court Justice
- Dr. and Mrs. Oliver S. Hillman, well known pathologist of the NY Medical Chambers
- General Frank T. Hines appointed by President Harding as Chief of Veterans' Bureau
- William Truit Ingram, Chief Engineer & Health Officer for the U.S. Public Health Service
- Howard Johnson, NY Mets Third Baseman
- Dr. Kenneth Kupferberg, helped develop the atom bomb during WW II
- Hon. Thomas LaFauci, judge
- A 1939 World's Fair Painter Winner (who wants to remain anonymous)
- George K. Morrow of the American Cotton Oil Co.
- Professor Charles Moore of Columbia University discovered the atomic weight of phosphorus and designed the Charles Bridge
- Gloria Okon, T.V. personality
- Lester F. Orr, manager of Burroughs Adding Machine Co.
- Ray Palmer, President of the NY & Queens Electric Light and Power Co.
- John L. Procope - Chairman, E. G. Bowman Co. Inc., and former Publisher of the New York Amsterdam News
- Ernesta G. Procope - President, E. G. Bowman Co. Inc. - Commercial Insurance Brokerage Firm
- George Robb, founded a stock brokerage
- William Shea of Shea Stadium fame
- Hon. John Scileppi, Chief Justice of NY Court of Appeals
- Leland L. Summers, awarded the Distinguished Service Medal
- LeRoy Tallman, supervising engineer of "the vehicular tube to N.J." Lincoln Tunnel?
- Mr. Wallender, Fire Commissioner
- Dr. John B. Watson, wrote several noted psychology books
- Ernest V. Wildfoerster of August Moll and Co. - importer
Monday May 23, 2022
Malba Home Page
Malba Field & Marine Club
Living in Malba
Famous Malba Residents
Woman's Club of Malba
Garden Club of Malba
Malba News & Views
Malba Mailing List
Malba Tidal Information
Many Malba Homes were designed by Canadian architect Harry P. Knowles.
Malba resident Mrs. George Morrow was one of the nation's foremost women's golfers in 1923.
Mrs. Wm. Curtis Demorest raised money for restoration of Teddy Roosevelt's birthplace.
Prof. Wm. T. Ingram developed the Malba map posted in firehouses & Police stations.